For the second time this year Ofgem has announced a reduction in the energy price cap which means that electricity will reduce again from 1 October. The cap will be set at an annual level of £1,923 for a dual fuel household paying by direct debit, equivalent to about 27p/kWh for electricity.
This means that if you are charging your car from a source that costs 27p/kWh, you will be paying comfortably less than half of the cost of fuelling a petrol or diesel car. If you are able to charge more cheaply, for example on a night or EV tariff, the savings will be even greater. That’s enough to make this VW ID.3 smile!
Different EV options
If your motor is a VW Golf Mk 6 2.0 TDi and you do 8,000 miles/year you might love a VW ID.3. The benefits of switching would be:
- £895 a year saving on fuel (even greater savings if you are able to charge more cheaply at home or during the night or if the cost of diesel increases)
- Only needs a service every other year at a fixed cost of £195, with rarely anything extra to pay (no cam belt, water pump or exhaust systems to maintain)
- No road tax to pay until 2025 (and then at the standard rate which is currently £165/year)
- Great range of around 215 realworld miles and so wouldn’t need charging every day
- More spacious than the Golf with a premium, modern, minimalist interior
Like all electric cars, the driving experience is superb with instant torque and acceleration. The cost to switch to a VW ID.3 will start from £300/month on a PCP (depending on your deposit, finance terms and the model you go for). If you need something bigger – for example you’re currently driving a BMW X5 – then the Audi Q4 or the Ford Mustang would be ideal replacements. Or if it is tech and comfort that is important, it is hard to beat the value offered right now by a Nissan Leaf.
We are independent specialists in used electric cars – talk to us today about the benefits of switching to electric and for impartial advice on which model will suit your lifestyle.https://www.evexperts.co.uk/electric-cars-for-sale/